If you are reading this site, I assume that you are concerned about your retirement. I assume that you have probably taken some steps to securing your ability to retire in comfort but you want to do more. Rather than just being comfortable, you want to have a luxurious lifestyle. Rather than working at the local Wal-Mart as a greeter, you want to spend that time on a hobby, socializing with friends, or visiting with your family.
It is important to understand that I am not suggesting you will retire with wealth. I am not suggesting that you will be able to own a mansion on beach, a ski chalet in the mountains, and a condo in downtown New York with a private jet and a Bentley to assist you in your roaming. This is a goal that is simply out of reach for most people unless they are already wealthy.
Retiring in a luxury lifestyle means:
- Enjoying the best the world has to offer. When you travel you get to fly in first class. You stay in the best five-star hotels.
- The car that you drive is no more than a few years old. It is equipped with all of the safety and creature comforts that you could want in a car.
- If your interests include golf or tennis, then you belong to a private club. Regardless, of your interest in an athletic hobby, you belong to the finest health club to keep you fit and happy.
- Fine dining is a must. There are many restaurants with the world's greatest chefs creating amazing meals.
- A beautiful luxury dream home to relax in is a wonderful reward for all the long hours and hard work. This will allow you to host parties for friends and family.
- Looking your best so that you turn heads when you walk down the street is a great boost to your self-esteem; so knowing the best women fashion designers and the best men’s stylists is important.
- Having relationships are important especially when celebrating success. Sharing life with loved ones makes life worth living.
- Personal development is very important. Working on your spiritual side to be your best and helping others do the same is another of life’s great rewards. This includes charity work.
The secret to a retiring in luxury is to realize three main facts:
- You are going to live longer than you thought you would
- You need more money than you think to retire in luxury
- Most mutual funds don't earn enough to really beat inflation
It is my hope that this site and my book will help you achieve the goals of being able to retire in luxury. You can purchase my book wherever books are sold such as Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and Books A Million. It is available in e-book formats for Nook, Kindle, and iPad.
I suggest that you continue to read my site. You can make sure that you are receiving my updates by subscribing to me in several forums:
- RSS of my articles on this site can be found here.
- A weekly digest of emails of this site can be found here.
- You can follow me on Twitter at @ConfidentInvest.
- You can follow my Facebook page here.
I hope that you enjoy the continued conversation.