Occasionally, I will get a Tweet from a follower on Twitter or a communication from my site stating that the market is rigged against individual investors. I couldn’t disagree more. In fact, I think the stock market is probably set up better today for an individual investor than ever before.
I came across an article on Abnormal Returns and the author agrees with my stance. Here are the 5 reasons why he believed it was a great time:
- It is easier to be an individual investor than ever before.
- It is cheaper to do transactions than ever before.
- There is a richer assortment of investment vehicles than ever before.
- The social society of blogging and micro-blogging makes it easier to find out relevant information.
- It is easier to be smarter than it ever has been. There are so many free portals of investment information that freely offer all of the data that an investor needs.
I was a bit surprised that the author didn’t say that now individual investors have access to my book, The Confident Investor. With my book at your disposal it is now even easier to understand and beat the market. You can purchase my book wherever books are sold such as Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and Books A Million. It is available in ebook formats for Nook, Kindle, and iPad.
I agree with you, and though not an active daily investor, I’ve made enough changes in my accounts that have gained substantial percentage increases, I am proof of your point. Time permitting, I’ll take a lok at your book.
You are spot on. It is a golden age for the little guy investors. Low costs and tons of options. I love it!
Yes. We are lucky to live in an age where it is so easy to invest in great companies.